Sunday, October 28, 2012

MY FIRST E-BOOK " A COLLECTION OF FILIPINO RECIPES - AN INTRODUCTION


INTRODUCTION
Food has always been a part of my life as far as I can remember.  Growing up in the 80's meant making incursions into the kitchens of my grandmothers on both sides to observe the plethora of food being prepared and sniffing the aroma of home-cooked meals. Both my grandmothers were excellent cooks. My grandparents on my father side were entrepreneurs and from 1947 to 1954, their main business was restaurants, with my grandmother in charge of the kitchens. While both grandmothers cooked Filipino dishes very well, they prepared our favorite dishes when we came to visit. We visited my Dad's parents on Saturdays and my Mom's parents on Sundays. 
Thus was the inspiration of me becoming a chef.  While I do admit that Filipino Cuisine has not received worldwide attention unlike other Asian cuisines such as Thai and Vietnamese, I do believe of its potentials and I strongly believe this decade will mark the presence of  Filipino cuisine in the culinary stage.

I have gathered twenty of our most popular Filipino dishes and compiled them in this E-Book.  Hopefully, during your free time, you can give our dishes a try and experience the wonderful flavors Filipino ingenuity has come up with.

THE FOLLOWING 4 POSTS ARE DIVIDED INTO :

Soups / Appetizers
Sinigang na Hipon (Sour Tamarind Soup with Vegetables and Shrimp) 
Lumpiang Sariwa (Filipino Crepes filled with Fresh Vegetables) 
Ensaladang Talong (Eggplant Salad) 
Kilawin (Filipino Ceviche) 
Tinolang Manok ( Traditional Soup of Chicken and Papaya) 

Noodles / Rice Dishes
Pancit Lucban (Stir-fried Egg Noodles with Vegetables and Pork) 
Pancit Palabok (Stir-fried Rice Noodles with Crab and Shrimp Sauce) 
Bringhe (Filipino version of Paella) 
Goto  (Rice Porridge with Tripe) 
Sotangon Guisado (Stir-fried Vermicelli Noodles with Vegetables) 

Main Dishes
Adobo (Stewed Pork and Chicken in Soy Sauce and Vinegar) 
Seafood Kare Kare (Seafood Stew of Peanut Sauce and Vegetables)
Crispy Pata (Deep Fried Pork Trotters) 
Pinakbet (Stewed Vegetables with Bitter Melon and Shrimp Paste) 
Caldereta (Filipino Beef Stew) 

Desserts
Halo Halo (Frozen Dessert of Mixed Fruits, Milk and Shaved Ice) 
Leche Flan (Caramelized Egg Custard) 
Turon (Deep Fried Banana Springrolls) 
Cassava Cake 
Sans Rival (Meringue Gateau with Buttercream) 

No comments:

Post a Comment