Friday, October 19, 2012

A FIELD TRIP TO THREE GOURMET PASTRY SHOPS AND THE LESSONS I LEARNED


Yesterday was spent pastry shop hopping in Makati just to see where I stand compared to these established restaurateurs and pastry chefs - Slice of Sen. Pia Cayetano at the Fort; Kitchen's Best of restaurateur Roslyn Tiangco also at the Fort and Park Avenue Desserts of Hollywood Pastry Chef Extraordinaire Buddy Trinidad at Maga
llanes. Interesting finds. Slice-muffin line-up is OK but really did not care much about since they were mostly low-fat; glutten-free health stuff . Kitchen's Best- very familiar with the pastries since I would often buy her stuff at Rockwell's Baker's Fair before they put up a cafe. Brought home a slice of her much awarded Bannoffee Pie to compare to my much talked about Bannoffee Pie- verdict as to which is best happens tonight since the 2 Bannoffees will be put to the test. Will KB's bannoffee live up to it's hype-i think not !! PAD-surprisingly was the most affordable considering it is owned by chef of hollywood stars Buddy Trinidad. But aside from the macaroons and his designer pralines emblazoned with the Philippine flag, his other stuff I can do better !!! Good smores cupcake though and the red velvet cupcake, I'm confused whether it's meant to be buttercream or cream cheese frosting...since all I tasted was butter.

So after the field trip, where do I stand ? I admit I have a long way to go since they have what I don't have- moolah, a shop and an established customer list. But with hardwork, patience, prayer, passion, determination, faith and a vibrant positive attitude - I know I'll reach their ranks. Am I Up to the challenge-HELL YEAH !!

No comments:

Post a Comment